What Does A Dream About Having Sex With Your Platonic Male Friend Mean?

08:51 cherishe 0 Comments

A while ago, I collaborated with famed dream expert, Lauri Loewenberg, to create an article that decodes any and all of your freakiest sex dreams. And I’ve had a guilty conscience about it ever since.

Why, you ask? Well, because I know there are far freakier sex dreams than the 22 general concepts that have been mentioned on that list. I know we all have deeply personal, weirdly detailed dreams that we sometimes just can’t seem to shake out of our heads. 

Like, WHY did you dream about that guy from the grocery store yesterday? WHY was he wearing a top hat and nothing else?! 

What does it mean? Do you have to tell your boyfriend? Are you actually into the weird grocery store guy?!

These are questions only a dream expert can answer for you, and I’m afraid my original article didn’t do the trick.

So instead, I’ve decided to start a column. You guys can submit your sex dreams here, and we will have Lauri interpret one dream a week. 

Without further ado, let’s get this party started!


This week we have 38-year-old Christina, a married woman who keeps having recurring sex dreams about her male running partner:

I wake up every single morning between 4 and 5 a.m. having the same sex dream. It’s always with my running partner who lives down the street whom I do admire and find attractive.

I’m always running, and then I bump into him and it turns into a mini make out session. If I see him in the streets [in real life], that usually will mean that I’ll have a sex dream about him that night.

I actually tried to avoid him for at least a month so these dreams would go away and I could get a good night’s sleep. The confusing thing is, I’m happily married and I keep having these recurring dreams about my friend.

Here’s Lauri’s interpretation:

Recurring dreams are an indication that there is some sort of constant in our lives that needs our attention, or that we’re stuck in some way. The dream cannot move forward until we do.

That being said, having the same dream EVERY morning is kind of a big deal. First of all, that tells us that this dream is connected to something that is VERY much on your mind… like daily, and it tells us we need to find a way to break this habit.

Normally, if there was no attraction to your running partner I would tell you not to worry about it and that these dreams most likely reflect the connection you two have with running and fitness. And while that may be true on some level, I believe it is the attraction you have for him that is causing these dreams to be… well, a morning ritual.

Also, they are always in the morning, as opposed to being the first dream you have in the beginning of the night or somewhere in the middle — that means they are connected to anticipation over knowing you’ll be seeing him very shortly.

So, I am somewhat concerned that you’ve created a vicious cycle here where the attraction feeds the dreams and the dreams feed the attraction. This could very well put your marriage in a dangerous situation.

Having all that alone time with someone you are attracted to and having steamy dreams about on a daily basis… girrrrrl!!!  The only way to make the dreams stop is to put an end to the waking life issue that is causing them.

My advice is to start running at the gym or somewhere else. Tell your running partner your schedule has changed or the pavement is killing your knees and you need a machine or softer surface — doctors orders.

He’ll get over it, you’ll feel good knowing you did the right thing, your marriage will no longer be threatened, the dreams will stop, and you can keep your halo!

I hope this was helpful to Christina and anyone else who might have had a recurring dream about a friend.

If you have your own sex dream you’d like to have Lauri interpret, feel free to submit it here. And read our last installment here.


What Does A Dream About Having Sex With Your Platonic Male Friend Mean?



Credit: Dating – Elite Daily

0 comments: