Happy New Year from RocketNews24!
And just like that, 2015 was no more! It’s now January 1 all the way across Asia, which means it’s officially the Year of Monkey! Happy New Year, everyone!
We’ll be putting our feet up for the rest of today, but we promise we’ll be back tomorrow with more of the news, cuteness, cats, food, fukubukuro, Mr Sato and all the weird and wonderful stuff from Japan and Asia that you know—and hopefully love—us for.
Thank you for continuing to visit our site, share our stories and follow us on Twitter and Facebook (281K and counting!!), and for helping us to grow and grow. 2015 was very good to us, but here’s hoping that 2016 will fill us all with the sprightly energy of a whole mess of merry monkeys and that we can continue to make our little site even better—although hopefully without any poo-slinging.
Stay tuned, Rocketeers, and have yourselves a great New Year’s Day!
- Quiz of the Week: Round 7 (Because what else are you gonna do? Go outside like a weirdo!?)
- Japan Post continues the New Year’s stamp tradition with cute Year of the Monkey story
- Quiz of the Week: Round 8 (More fun than a swift kick in the nuts)
- Mr. Sato divulges the contents of a 2015 Apple Store Lucky Bag–will he get a lame t-shirt again?
- Curry bread not getting enough love in Japan, recruits girls and its own association